GUINNESS ‘23 DUBLIN BREWERY SWEEPSTAKES-SJG
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF TERRITORY, WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. TERRITORY CONSISTS OF ALABAMA, CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MASSACHUSETTS, MARYLAND, NORTH CAROLINA, NEW YORK STATE, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, SOUTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, VIRGINIA AND WISCONSIN. VOID OUTSIDE TERRITORY AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- To Enter: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on March 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on March 31, 2023.
There are two (2) ways to enter this sweepstakes. Internet access and valid e-mail address required.
- Entry Method No. 1 – During the Sweepstakes Period, send a text message with the word “IRELAND” from your handset addressed to 24272. (Instead of sending a text message, you may also scan the QR Code on Sweepstakes advertising materials.) Once you send the text message or scan QR Code, you will need to verify your age, provide your state and e-mail address and you will be entered into the sweepstakes. You will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. For additional support, text HELP to 24272 or STOP to cancel at any time. All entries made using Entry Method No. 1 must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on March 31, 2023. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. Receipt of entry will be acknowledged but such acknowledgment is in no way otherwise binding upon Sponsor. All entrants using Entry Method No. 1 must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service (or a mobile device which has a camera and associated software for scanning a QR Code) in order to enter the Sweepstakes using Entry Method No. 1. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number from which the text message originated (or which was used to scan the QR Code). By texting “IRELAND” to 24272, you agree you are of legal age to purchase beverage alcohol in the U.S., a legal U.S. resident, and to receive recurring marketing SMS and MMS messages, including text messages, using an automatic telephone dialing system from Diageo Beer Company USA. You also agree to these official rules. Message & Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP in reply to any message to stop receiving our messages. You may also text HELP to 24272 for more information. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging. Text messaging service is not available in all areas.
- Entry Method No. 2 – TO ENTER W/O TEXT/QR CODE SCAN, send an e-mail with your name, phone number, date of birth, state and zip code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line of the e-mail: DIA5064800W Guinness ’23 Dublin Brewery Sweepstakes- SJG. Prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address used to submit the entry.
There is a limit of one entry per person regardless of method of entry; a person may enter by sending a text message/scanning QR Code OR by e-mail in but NOT by using both methods. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification.
Sponsor will contemporaneously offer at least one (1) other sweepstakes promotion in support of GUINNESS malt beverages in February/March 2023 with a trip to Dublin, Ireland as the prize. You may enter this and any other sweepstakes promotion(s) as of wish; however, as indicated below, you may only win one (1) prize trip to Dublin in any such sweepstakes promotion.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of a person to text in (or scan QR Code) and qualify; the ability of a person to send an e-mail and qualify; or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winner. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, corrupted, jumbled, inaccessible, incomplete, incorrect entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Prize is a trip for the winner him/herself and one guest (21 or older) to Dublin, Ireland. Trip is for five (5) days, four (4) nights, including: roundtrip coach air travel from international airport nearest winner’s residence to Dublin (airports of Sponsor’s sole choosing); admission for winner and guest to the VIP St. James’s Gate Brewery tour (subject to requirements of tour operator); one (1) $300 voucher redeemable at St. James’s Gate Brewery gift shop or for lunch at St. James’s Game Brewery (subject to terms and conditions of use indicated thereon/provided therewith; one (1) $1000 gift card (which Grand Prize Winner may use for additional travel expenses or otherwise; issuer of gift card is of Sponsor’s sole choosing; gift card is subject to terms and conditions indicated thereon/provided therewith); and standard, double occupancy accommodations for winner and guest for four (4) nights at a hotel of Sponsor’s sole choosing in Dublin.
Alcohol beverages are not part of prize.
Trip is subject to availability, blackout dates, advanced notice requirements and other restrictions, including additional travel requirements due to COVID-19/Coronavirus (see below). The trip must be completed within one (1) year of winner notification (that is, on or about April 6, 2024) or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Winner and his/her guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner (including following all private guidance and governmental mandates intended and designed to prevent contracting and/or spreading COVID-19/Coronavirus; such as, providing proof of vaccination status as a condition of travel within or entry/exit into the United States or the Republic of Ireland, complying with quarantines at his/her sole expense as a condition of travel within or entry/exit into the United States or the Republic of Ireland, social distancing, mask-wearing and testing for COVID-19/Coronavirus); and, should winner and/or guest fail to do so, prize may be immediately terminated and Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against the winner and/or guest.
If winner chooses to travel without a guest (or if guest cannot satisfy requirements for international travel or fails to timely complete and return a liability release and publicity release [where legal], as discussed below), prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for a single traveler (i.e., the winner him/herself) and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded and, accordingly, the prize value will be less than the amount indicated below.
Valid travel documents (including passport) are required for international travel and are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Any and all unspecified expenses incurred in conjunction with prize travel (meals [except as otherwise indicated herein], souvenirs and other incidentals) are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Prize must be accepted as set forth above; if any element of prize is unclaimed or unused by winner, such prize element will be forfeited without compensation of any kind. In accepting prize, winner understands and agrees that trip to Ireland involves overseas travel; and, should winner choose to decline the prize due to health concerns (attributable to COVID-19/Coronavirus or otherwise) or for any other reason, the prize will be forfeited, and he/she will not receive any compensation or alternate prize of any kind.
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF PRIZE: $7,870.00
Retail value of Prize may vary depending on point of departure and other factors.
- Winner Determination:
Winner will be determined via random drawing on or about April 4, 2023. The random drawing will be conducted by an independent, third-party judging organization (“Judges”), whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the prize will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by phone, text and/or e-mail beginning on or about April 6, 2023 (method[s] of notification is of Sponsor’s sole determination as well as depending upon Entry Method utilized by selected entrant.)
Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) within ten (10) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within five (5) days, prize will automatically be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Guest of winner must be 21 years of age or older and must sign and return a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) within ten (10) days of notification of winner. If guest does not timely return signed liability release and publicity release (where lawful), winner must accept the prize without a guest; and, winner will not receive any additional prize or compensation in conjunction therewith.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Prize details will be provided to winner upon proof of eligibility. Winner must furnish valid proof of age (for example, a driver’s license, birth certificate or passport). An Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (where lawful) must be provided to Judges before prize can be received. No prize will be awarded unless the Affidavit has been received by the Judges.
Winner and guest agree that an electronic signature/affirmation or facsimile version of the affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) [for winner] or liability release and publicity release (where lawful) [for guest], as applicable, shall have the same legal force and effect as a hand-signed document. Notwithstanding the foregoing, should Sponsor determine in its sole discretion that the electronically signed/affirmed/facsimile version of the affidavit of eligibility/release (for winner) or release (for guest) is not acceptable, Sponsor may condition award of prize (for winner) or accompanying winner on prize trip (for guest) on return of the actual hand-signed document.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Territory (as defined above), who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void outside Territory and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Diageo Beer Company USA, its affiliates, printers, advertising, and promotion agencies (including Judges), alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. (The preceding excludes the cash redemption of gift card, where required by applicable law.) Limit of one (1) prize per family, household or address in this or any other sweepstakes promotion in support of GUINNESS malt beverages in February/March 2023 with a trip to Dublin, Ireland as the prize which was sponsored by Diageo Beer Company USA. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to arrange transportation to and from the international airport nearest his/her residence as selected by Sponsor. Winner’s guest must travel on same itinerary as prize winner (as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of prize winner and guest. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winner and guest shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winner and guest based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor as well as Meta Platforms, Inc harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of the prize awarded (including any travel or activity related thereto). SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND REGARDING PRIZE INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSE. THE ONLY WARRANTIES – IF ANY – ARE THOSE OF THE APPLICABLE PRIZE SUPPLIER. FOR CLARITY, THE PRECEDING INCLUDES THE GIFT CARD AND VOUCHER ELEMENTS OF PRIZE ITSELF AND ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED VIA REDEMPTION OF THE GIFT CARD AND VOUCHER.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guest, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties as well as Meta Platforms, Inc. against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; prize winner’s Sweepstakes entry; use of prize winner’s name, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate this promotion, or any part thereof, at any time, for any reason, without notice or further obligation.
- Text Message Entry Conditions: Sweepstakes is intended for participation in the Territory only and shall be construed only according to United States law. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for SMS entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Any other attempted form of entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
- Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line/e-mail entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used for Sweepstakes participation. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, or incomplete entries, or for on-line/e-mail entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. (The preceding includes but is not limited to on-line/e-mail entries not timely received or received at all due to operation of SPAM/junk e-mail filters or any other reason.) Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winner’s List: For winner’s list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to DIA5064800W Guinness ’23 Dublin Brewery Sweepstakes-SJG, P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008. All requests for the winner’s list must be postmarked by May 1, 2023 and received by May 15, 2023.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Sponsor: Diageo Beer Company USA, New York, NY
Please Drink Responsibly.
GUINNESS Draught Stout. Imported by Diageo Beer Company USA, New York, NY.