GUINNESS ST PATRICK’S DAY PROMOTION CENTER SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on February 1, 2024 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on March 31, 2024.
- How to Enter: There is only one (1) way to enter this sweepstakes.
- Go to guinness.com/dublin-sweepstakes (“Website”)† and verify your age.
- Complete the entry form with all required information including your first name, date of birth, town/city, state, zip code, telephone number and e-mail address and follow the on-screen instructions.
†Sweepstakes advertising materials include a QR Code and a text-in code (“IRELAND”) which will enable an individual to access the mobile version of the Website (“Mobile Website”). For clarity, scanning the QR Code or sending a text message with “IRELAND” to the designated number (24272) in and of itself will not result in entry.
Internet access and valid e-mail address are required to enter the Sweepstakes. If utilizing the Mobile Website (including scanning QR Code or sending text message), wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to enter via Mobile Website. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
In addition, for participation via text, you will be charged for all text messages sent and received from your handset according to the terms in your individual Calling Plan with your cellular provider. For additional support, text HELP to 24272 or STOP to cancel at any time. To participate via text, you must have a mobile device with text messaging two-way capability and digital service. By texting “IRELAND” to 24272, you agree you are of legal age to purchase beverage alcohol in the U.S., a legal U.S. resident, and to receive recurring marketing SMS and MMS messages, including text messages, using an automatic telephone dialing system from Diageo Beer Company USA. You also agree to these official rules. Message & Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP in reply to any message to stop receiving our messages. You may also text HELP to 24272 for more information. Consent is not a condition of any purchase.
(To enter the Sweepstakes via QR Code, a compatible mobile device with QR Code reader capability is required.)
All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on March 31, 2024. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged by Sponsor, but any such acknowledgment is not binding other than indicating that entry has been received. No alterations or forged entries are permitted. In all cases, prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the e-mail address indicated on entry form.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of a Website (or Mobile Website) visitor to enter on-line (including scanning QR Code to access Mobile Website and/or accessing the Mobile Website via text message); or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winners. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, garbled, corrupted, jumbled, inaccessible, incomplete, incorrect entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Entrants’ personal information will only be used for purposes of Sweepstakes administration unless an entrant expressly consents beforehand in writing to such other use by Sponsor. For more information, please review Diageo’s Privacy & Cookie Notice at https://footer.diageohorizon.com/dfs/assets/www.guinness.com/PrivacyPolicy_uen.html?locale=uen-us and Diageo’s Conditions of Use at https://footer.diageohorizon.com/dfs/assets/www.guinness.com/TnC_uen.html?locale=uen-us. In the event of any discrepancy between the privacy and cookie notice and these Official Rules, the privacy and cookie notice shall control and govern; in the event of any discrepancy between the conditions of use and these Official Rules, the conditions of use shall control and govern.
TWO (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded, with ONE (1) Grand Prize for March 2024 and ONE (1) Grand Prize for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Prize trip is for 5 days/4 nights and consists of roundtrip coach air travel from international airport nearest winner’s residence to Dublin, Ireland (airports are of Sponsor’s sole choosing); standard double occupancy hotel accommodations in Dublin (hotel is of Sponsor’s sole choosing); VIP Tour of GUINNESS Open Gate Brewery at St. James’s Gate; $1,000 e-gift card (issuer of Sponsor’s sole choosing; issuer’s terms and conditions apply).
Approximate Retail Value: $7,610.00 each. Retail Value of Grand Prize may vary depending on point of departure and other factors.
Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes: $15,220.00.
ALCOHOL BEVERAGES ARE NOT PART OF PRIZE. All costs and expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the winner’s sole responsibility, including travel to/from departure airport, souvenirs, meals and incidentals. Prize must be accepted as set forth herein.
Trip is subject to availability, blackout dates, advanced notice requirements and other restrictions. Without limitation, GUINNESS Open Gate Brewery at St. James’s Gate is temporarily closed for renovation with re-opening projected to occur in early 2024. Should GUINNESS Open Gate Brewery at St. James’s Gate not be open at time of trip to Dublin, VIP Tour component of Grand Prize will be replaced with an alternate prize component of comparable value.
Trip must be booked within six (6) months of winner notification; as per Rule 4 below, such deadline is estimated to be the beginning of October 2024. Trip must be completed by within one (1) year of winner notification; as per Rule 4 below, such deadline is estimated to be the beginning of April 2025. Valid travel documents (including passport valid for duration of stay) are required for travel and are the sole responsibility of winner and guest.
VIP Tour may include persons other than winner and guest and may not be a private tour of Guinness Open Gate Brewery at St. James’s Gate.
Winner and guest must at all times act in an appropriate, well-behaved and respectful manner as well as following all safety and other instructions of GUINNESS Open Gate Brewery at St. James’s Gate and other prize suppliers (e.g., hotel property and air carrier). The preceding includes but is not limited any laws/regulations or policies (of the United States, the Republic of Ireland or any political subdivision of either country) designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus; such as, mask-wearing, social distancing, providing proof of negative COVID-19/Coronavirus test, vaccination against COVID-19/Coronavirus as well as any mandatory quarantine in conjunction with prize travel.
The guest of Grand Prize Winner must be 21 years of age or older. The Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary as set by Sponsor.
If winner chooses to accept the Grand Prize without a guest (or if guest fails to timely return signed Liability/Publicity Release as discussed below), the Grand Prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for the winner alone and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded (and, in such case, the value of the Grand Prize will be less than the amount indicated above).
Winner and guest further understand and agree that Sponsor has not obtained insurance of any kind for them relative to acceptance/use of the prize.
- Winner Determination & Notification:
Winners will be selected via random drawing on or about April 2, 2024 by an independent third party judging organization (“Judges”), whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes.
There will be two (2) random drawings, with one (1) Grand Prize awarded per random drawing. The March 2024 random drawing will consist of all eligible entries received between March 1, 2024 at 12:00 a.m. ET and March 31, 2024 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. The Sweepstakes Period random drawing will consist of all eligible entries received between February 1, 2024 at 12:00 a.m. ET and February 29, 2024 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET AND all non-winning eligible entries received for the March 2024 random drawing (the March 2024 random drawing will precede the Sweepstakes Period random drawing.)
Odds of winning a Grand Prize will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable random drawing.
Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about April 3, 2024. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within three (3) days, prize will automatically be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Winner’s guest must sign and return a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) within five (5) days of notification of winner. If guest does not timely return signed liability release and publicity release (where lawful), Grand Prize winner must accept the prize without a guest as discussed above.
WINNER AND GUEST AGREE THAT AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE/AFFIRMATION OF THE AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE (FOR WINNER) AND LIABILITY/ PUBLICITY RELEASE (FOR GUEST) SHALL HAVE THE SAME LEGAL FORCE AND EFFECT AS A HAND-SIGNED DOCUMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, SHOULD SPONSOR/JUDGES DETERMINE IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION THAT THE ELECTRONICALLY SIGNED/AFFIRMED VERSION OF EITHER DOCUMENT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, SPONSOR MAY CONDITION AWARD OF PRIZE (FOR WINNER) OR ACCOMPANYING WINNER ON TRIP (FOR GUEST) ON RETURN OF THE ACTUAL HAND-SIGNED DOCUMENT.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Prize information will be provided to winner upon proof of eligibility. Winner must furnish valid proof of age (for example, a driver’s license, birth certificate or passport). An Affidavit/Release must be provided to Judges before prize can be received. No prize will be awarded unless the Affidavit/Release has been received by Judges.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Diageo Beer Company USA, its affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies (including Judges), alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Limit of one (1) prize per family, household or address. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. (With regard to e-gift card component of Grand Prize, the preceding is subject to applicable laws requiring the redemption of gift card by its holder for cash.) Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Prize must be accepted as awarded; if declined by winner, no compensation or alternate prize will be awarded. By accepting prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of winners and their guests. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, winners and their guests shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify winner and/or his/her guest based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor as well as Meta Platforms, Inc. harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of the prize awarded (including any travel or activity related thereto). SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND REGARDING PRIZE (OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF), INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSE.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winners will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guest, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties as well as Meta Platforms, Inc. against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; prize winner’s Sweepstakes entry; use of prize winner’s name, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate this promotion, or any part thereof, at any time, for any reason, without notice or further obligation.
- Text Message Conditions: Sweepstakes is intended for participation in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia only and shall be construed only according to United States law. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for text messages not received by or from Sponsor due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of text messages by or from Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of text messages in this Sweepstakes or for any malfunction, defect or error in the link disseminated via text message such that Mobile Website is not accessible or usable as intended by Sponsor. Any other attempted form of entry not specified herein is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted.
- Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, online entries (including entries made on Mobile Website) will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. (For clarity, the preceding applies even if an individual received link to Mobile Website via text message or QR Code scan.) Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, or incomplete entries; corrupted, jumbled, interrupted, irregular or defective entries or entries not received or properly recorded due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by users or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes, for any malfunction, defect or error in the scanning of QR Code or the link disseminated in response to same such that Mobile Website is not accessible or usable as intended by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE/MOBILE WEBSITE, UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR SEEK TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR JUDGES IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winners’ List: For winners’ list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to DIA5990269W Guinness Promotion Center Trip Winner, O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008. All requests for the winners’ list must be postmarked by April 30, 2024 and received by May 14, 2024.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
Sponsor: Diageo Beer Company USA, New York, NY.
Diageo Beer Company USA, New York, NY.
Please Drink Responsibly.